For the comfort and safety of all our guests, we ask that you familiarise yourself with our Park Rules and Polices. Download a copy here: Tourist Park Rules for Casual Occupants - Version June 2016.pdf
Tourist Park Rules and Policies
1. PERMANENT OCCUPATION OF A SITE IS PROHIBITED.
2. All bookings require a deposit to be paid at the time of reservation.
3. The minimum deposit payable is the equivalent of one night's fees, except for caravan and camping sites booked during the on season, which require the equivalent of three night's fees.
4. Confirmation of your reservation means you are agreeing to abide by our park rules and policies.
5. Reservations are not permitted by persons under 18 years of age.
6. Fees are non-refundable on or after arrival.
7. The cancellation of any booking (except Christmas School Holiday bookings) with notification of less than 14 days prior to arrival will result in the forfeiture of the equivalent of one night's fees.
8. The cancellation of any Christmas School Holiday booking with notification after 1 October and greater than 14 days prior to arrival will result in the forfeiture of the equivalent of one night's fees.
9. The cancellation of any Christmas School Holiday Booking with notification less than 14 days prior to arrival will result in the forfeiture of the total cost of the booking.
Fees and Charges
10. Payment for the total period of stay must be made prior to or on arrival, except for Christmas School Holiday bookings, where the balance of the total cost of the booking must be paid to park management before 1 October. Council reserves the right to cancel bookings that have not been paid in full by such date.
11. Cheques will not be accepted as payment for a booking less than 14 days prior to arrival.
12. Proof of eligibility is required for senior card holder discount.
13. The Schedule of Fees and Charges is a guide only. Council reserves the right to vary fees and charges, cabin layouts and site maps at any time.
14. Minimum of two (2) nights stay over a weekend (Friday and Saturday); however, standby exceptions apply subject to availability.
15. Minimum of three (3) nights stay during Australia Day and Labour Day long weekends and Christmas School Holidays (except between 26 December to 7 January).
16. Minimum of four (4) nights stay during Easter long weekend.
17. Minimum of seven (7) nights stay between Boxing Day (26 December) and 7 January.
Arrivals and Departures
18. Check-in is after 2:00pm on the day of arrival.
19. Check-out is before 10:00am on the day of departure.
20. Arrivals and departures outside these times require the approval of the park manager or other authorised employee of the park owner, providing advanced notice during office hours.
21. All new arrivals and visitors must register with park manager or other authorised employee of the park owner during office hours before entry into the park.
22. All sites (cabins, caravan and camping sites and holiday van sites) must ONLY be occupied by registered persons.
23. Before 6:00pm, no more than four (4) day visitors are permitted on site free of charge or day use charges apply.
24. All day visitors must vacate park by 6:00pm, unless they have made an overnight booking with park reception or paid the applicable day use charge with the approval of Park Management.
25. A person must not occupy a site (including cabin, caravan or camping site) for a total of more than 150 days in a 12 month period (financial year), unless it is a holiday van site.
26. Any person under the 18 years of age must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times.
27. Dogs/pets are permitted in the park on designated caravan and camping sites during the off season only, provided that pre-approval of park management is obtained at time of reservation in accordance with Dog/Pet Policy and subject to the Dog/Pet Owner Agreement. Full details of policy available at http://www.wollongongtouristparks.com.au/news/Pages/dogs-pets-welcome.aspx
Noise and Behaviour
28. An occupant must observe the provisions of every law, agreement or park rule made under any statute, and promptly comply with notices received from and directions given by any statutory or public authority, park manager or other authorised employee of the park owner relating to the site or the use of the site by the occupant.
29. Park management reserves the right to remove any occupant(s) and/or their visitors(s) from the park if the occupant(s) and/or their visitor(s) breach any law, agreement or park rule.
30. Park management reserves the right to remove any occupant(s) and/or their visitor(s) from the park immediately if the occupant(s) and/or their visitor(s) are charged by the Police for committing an offence, and will not be permitted re-enter the tourist park unless accompanied by Police.
31. An occupant or any other person an occupant invites into the park must not impact on any person lawfully in the park or any neighbour of the park by:
a) interfering with or permitting interference with the reasonable peace, comfort or privacy;
b) interfering with or permitting interference with the proper use and enjoyment of the park; and
c) causing or permitting a nuisance.
32. An occupant or any other person an occupant invites into the park must not cause or permit the site to be used for any illegal purpose.
33. An occupant must vacate all common areas of the park before 10:00pm.
34. An occupant must not cause or permit unreasonable noise between 10:00pm and 12:00am; and
35. An occupant must not cause or permit noise between 12:00am and 7:30am.
36. An occupant or any other person an occupant invites into the park must not intentionally or negligently cause or permit damage to a site or any other part of the park.
37. Cabin furniture is to be used appropriately and is to be maintained within the cabin for which it is supplied.
38. All vehicles that enter the park must be registered, have compulsory third party insurance and be driven by a licenced driver.
39. The boom gate access issued for a vehicles' entry into the park is non-transferable, and tailgating is not permitted under any circumstances.
40. The occupant must park all vehicles within areas designated by park management, and not on any internal roads or vacant sites.
41. In the interest of safety, the speed limit throughout the park is WALKING PACE at all times, not exceeding 8kph.
42. As family friendly parks where bicycles, scooters, skateboards and rollerblades and alike are permitted, it is mandatory that safety equipment, namely a helmet, is worn at all times and that there is no riding in or around amenities or after dusk.
43. The use of any unregistered motorised vehicle is prohibited within the park.
44. Guests must secure their belongings at all times. Council accepts no responsibility for any loss, theft or damage that may occur to an occupants' personal property whilst staying at the park.
45. Council accepts no responsibility for personal injury, damage to or loss of property whilst undertaking in programmed park activities.
46. Caravans, tents and alike must be erected within the boundaries of the caravan and camping site designated by park management, and at least 2.5 meters from any other moveable dwelling in accordance with Local Government Regulation 2005 – Reg 91.
47. The digging of trenches around caravans, tents and alike is not permitted without the approval of park management.
48. The lighting of open fires is prohibited within the park.
49. The use of a portable gas or electric bbq is permitted for the preparation of food only. The bbq must be: clear of all flammable material (e.g. vegetation) or any structure (e.g. tent) to a distance of at least 3 metres; on a firm, level base sheltered from wind gusts; supervised at all times when in use; within close proximity to an appropriate extinguisher or continuous supply of water; and extinguished when not in use.
50. Smoking is not permitted inside any building (including cabins) or structure, inside or within 4 meters of a seated dining area, and inside or within 10 meters of children's play equipment, as the park is a smoke free zone in accordance with the Smoke Free Environment Act 2000.
51. The occupant or any other person an occupant invites into the park must ensure the site is safe and without risks to health in accordance with the Work Health and Safety Act 2011, and to a standard acceptable to park management.
52. The occupant must maintain the site in a clean and tidy condition, free from all garbage and waste.
53. The occupant must ensure that all garbage and waste is securely wrapped and placed in the appropriate receptacle provided by Council.
54. The disposal of any items not considered general household waste and recycling for regular bin collection is strictly prohibited from being dumped within the park or in any receptacle provided by Council.
55. An occupant must not enter an amenities block when closed for cleaning or maintenance.
56. Hand basins and laundry tubs in amenities blocks must not be used for washing cooking utensils.
57. The occupant must not erect or display any advertising within the park without the approval of park management.
Holiday Van Sites
58. A holiday van site must not be occupied for a total of more than 180 days in a 12 month period (financial year) or continuously for more than 150 days.
59. Stays of six hours or more within a 24 hour period are considered an 'overnight stay'; therefore, are counted towards the number of days a site is occupied.
60. If an occupant or any other person the occupant permits to temporarily occupy the site anticipates arrival outside office hours, the occupant must notify park management in advance during office hours and must report to park management within 12 hours of arrival to the park (refer to clause 31(1) of the Occupation Agreement).
61. Council accepts no responsibility for damage to caravans, annexes or personal property retained on the park, or for the damage caused to caravans, annexes or personal property whilst being moved.
62. The occupant must turn off water supply when the site is not in use.
63. The use of personal washing machines and dryers is not permitted.
64. Gas bottles must be checked in accordance with legal requirements at least every 10 years and date stamped.
65. The occupant must not store any materials or equipment beneath the caravan or annex floors.
66. The occupant must not store any materials or equipment (including bikes, scooters etc.) outside caravan or annex whilst the site is unoccupied, except for outdoor furniture and a barbeque, which must be safely secured in anticipation of unforeseen weather events.
67. Any temporary shelters (e.g. shade cloth sails) must be removed when the site is not in use.
68. No fences are permitted to be erected along site boundaries or across any fire corridor.
69. The occupant agrees to maintain the site in accordance with the following requirements:
a) External areas are clean and tidy, free from clutter and debris; and
b) Caravans, annexe and skirting must be maintained (including paintwork) in accordance with the tourist parks' theme and standard, as determined by Council; and
c) The design and installation of a tropical roof must be certified by a structural engineer, and inspected annually by a certified building inspector to ensure compliance is maintained in accordance with the Building Code of Australia and Local Government Act 1993; furthermore, a copy of the annual condition report must be provided to park management; and
d) All timbers used on site must be of a treated variety; and
e) Caravan skirting must be fixed safely and neatly; and
f) Paving or concreting must be set at ground level with a thickness of no greater than 50mm, and reinforcement must not to be used; and
g) Clothes lines must be retractable or foldable, and must be retracted or folded when not in use; and
h) Grass within site boundaries must be cut to the reasonable satisfaction of the park management; and
i) Established gardens on the site must be maintained; however, the occupant must not prune trees, prune shrubs or construct a garden on the site without the approval of park management.
Version issued: June 2016