Due to maintenance there will be some disruptions to Wollongong City Council's web services on Tuesday 2 April from 6:00pm onwards.
- Take to the skies and go on a tandem hang glide or para glide at Bald Hill, where early flight pioneer Lawrence Hargrave first took flight.
- Test your skills at one of Wollongong’s professional golf courses: Russell Vale Golf Course, Wollongong Golf Course, Port Kembla Golf Course - or just hit a bucket of balls at the Illawarra Golf Range.
- Climb to new heights at Hangdog Climbing Gym, with over a 140 different climbs on 40 ropes.
- Bounce and tumble at Hangtime Trampoline Park or at Flip Out with loads of jumping space, dodgeball courts, foam pits, a slam dunks and performance walls.
- Head to C1 Speed for some heart pumping go karting and laser tag action.
- Be energised by the ocean and start your life-long surfing adventure.
- Take to the seas on a fishing charter and feast on the catch of the day.
Arts and Culture
- Be inspired at the Wollongong Art Gallery, one of the largest regional art museums in Australia.
- Catch a magical performance this season at the Illawarra Performing Arts Centre, the Wollongong Town Hall, the Spiegeltent Wollongong or the Music Lounge - homes of the Merrigong Theatre Company.
Discover the heritage and history of the region Illawarra Museum.
- Discover the majesty of the rainforest tree tops, walking or ziplining 25 metres above the ground at Illawarra Fly Treetop Adventures.
- Cruise the Grand Pacific Drive, which encompasses some of the most spectacular scenic coastline in NSW. From the Royal National Park (the world’s second oldest) to Wollongong and beyond, the route takes you through coastal villages and over the ocean at Sea Cliff Bridge.
- Relax, picnic or take a stroll through the Wollongong Botanic Garden.
- Paddle the full length of the Minnamurra River on a canoe or kayak.
- Submerge into the marine habitats of Wollongong, Port Kembla, Shellharbour and Bass Point and scuba dive, snorkel or spearfish.
- Head to one of the amazing lookouts in the Illawarra to see the mountains meet the sea.
- Amble along the walking trails perfect for beginners through to avid hikers.
Get that daily surf in at one of the 17 surf beaches patrolled from September to April.
- If you're looking for a safe and relaxing swimming experience away from the surf breaks you'll love the rock pools. For a full list of public pools visit the Wollongong City Council website http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/facilities/beachespools/pages/pools.aspx
Shopping and Markets
- Spoil yourself in Wollongong's City Centre with an abundance of shopping options. The street entertainment also makes it the perfect place to gather with family and friends.
Experience the buzz along the Crown Street Mall Wollongong or at the Bulli Showground on market day.
Stock up on groceries and travel essentials at our local supermarkets.